Skip to main content

Access to work – support/grant

You can get support in work if you have a disability or health condition.

  • If you’re disabled or have a condition that affects your physical and/or mental health, that makes it hard for you to do your job, you can talk to your employer about changes they need to make for you in your workplace. These are known as ‘reasonable adjustments’.

If the help you need at work does not come under reasonable adjustments by your employer, you may be able to get help from Access to Work.

  • You’ll be offered support based on your needs.
  • You may be entitled to a grant to help cover the costs of practical support in the workplace, whether you work in a setting or from home.
  • You could get support getting to and from work.
  • An Access to Work grant can pay for special equipment, adaptations or support worker services.

For more information on Access to work go to: