What is the Wiltshire Hub directory for?
The Hub provides support and advice for professionals working with people who have autism. The aim is to help you to develop a greater understanding of the condition, their needs and give you the knowledge to best support them.
We aim to empower professionals to support individuals, to understand how autism is experienced and provide signposting to relevant guidance and services.
What information does the hub provide for professionals?
The hub links to a number of different resources for professionals working with people with autism, including:
- Diagnosis support – Information and resources about going through an autism diagnosis and how the assessment works.
- Education – Links to resources aimed at helping autistic individuals through school, college and University.
- Helplines, support services and forums – a directory of helplines, forums and advice pages for help from others with a similar concern, professional advice and emergency support in a crisis.
- Leisure, days out and socialising – Advice and guidance on going out, socialising and taking part in leisure activities. Including suggestions of autism-friendly days out in Wiltshire.
- LGBTQ+ support – LGBTQ stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer. The + stands for all of the gender identities and sexual orientations that are not covered in the letters of LGBTQ. This section is information and support for individuals with autism who have questions and/or would like to know more about sexual identity and/or gender identity, including stories about those with autism who are a part of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Money, debts, and housing – Advice on finding appropriate allowances and benefits, dealing with debt, managing money and securing appropriate housing.
- Resources, training, and strategies – A directory of resources that includes local training providers, apps and strategies for creating helpful habits to support independent living and links to people who share their experiences of living with autism.
- Work and employment – Advice for those with autism on how to find and maintain employment, including where you can go for support around this and your rights to reasonable adjustments at work.
How do I use the hub?
This is the section dedicated to professionals. We have streamlined information to try and signpost you to the most relevant services and information for you.
Not a professional?
If you are not a professional who works with people with autism, you may want to:
How to browse this site
- Click the relevant section you wish to read about on the left-hand side (such as Diagnosis).
- You will then get a further set of options. Select from one of the sub-categories that appear on the left (such as Post-Diagnosis support).
- Here you will find a page of information, each resource card links to a piece of helpful guidance, a learning resource, services available in your local area or a national support offering.
- If you wish to go back a level, click the ‘Go back’ button at the top of the menu on the left.
- If you would like to find something specific, you can search for a word in the search box on the homepage.
- You can also search using the “I need help with…” drop down selector on the homepage.