Wiltshire Autism Diagnosis Services (WADS)
- WADS are a diagnostic service for adults who have a Wiltshire general practitioner (GP).
- The team professionals that carries out assessments are Occupational Therapist/team manager, clinical psychologist and psychology assistant.
- Referral needs to come via GP
Information for people who suspect that they have autism or believe a family member / someone they work with may be autistic. The information covered on these National Autistic Society pages are:
- Am I/Are they Autistic?
- The benefits of getting a diagnosis
- How to ask your GP for a referral for an autism assessment.
- Getting a referral
Wiltshire Autism Assessment Service (WAAS)
The Wiltshire Autism Assessment Service (WAAS) provides an assessment-only service for children and young people who are showing possible signs of autism. The service is run by HCRG Care Group (Formally Virgin Care).
- They provide an assessment for children and young people with possible autism.
- They will provide a named autism practitioner who will guide and support families throughout the assessment process.
- They will gather information from a number of sources, including pre-schools, schools, parents and carers and other health professionals, in order to make a diagnosis for the child or young person.